Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Amend
chapter 132Q-136 WAC, Use of district facilities.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Kathleen Roberson, Executive Assistant to the CFO, Community Colleges of Spokane, Mailstop 1006, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, firstname.lastname@example.org , AND RECEIVED BY July 22, 2013.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Housekeeping to update names, titles, and addresses referencing the Institute for Extended Learning.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The Institute for Extended Learning will merge with Spokane Community College effective July 1, 2013.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28B.50.140.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 28B.50.140.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Community Colleges of Spokane, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Kathleen Roberson, Mailstop 1006, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, (509) 434-5275; Implementation and Enforcement: Community Colleges of Spokane, Mailstop 1006, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, (509) 434-5275.
May 22, 2013
to the CFO
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 11-20-027, filed 9/23/11, effective 10/24/11)
WAC 132Q-136-020 Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meaning:
(1) "Facilities" shall include all structures, building, grounds, parking lots, sidewalks and airspace owned or controlled by District 17.
(2) "District" or "District 17" shall include Spokane
Community College, Spokane Falls Community College, ((
Institute of Extended Learning)) and any other college or
organizational unit of Washington State Community College
District 17 hereafter established by the district board of
(3) "Use of facilities" shall include the holding of events, the posting and removal of signs, all forms of advertising, commercial activities, charitable solicitation and any other activity which takes place in or on facilities owned or controlled by District 17.
(4) "Scheduling office" shall be the office within the organization of the district which is designated as the office responsible for scheduling a particular district facility. The designation of scheduling offices shall be made by the chancellor, or staff so designated by the chancellor, pursuant to WAC 132Q-136-010(2).
(5) "User fee" shall be the fee, if any, charged any user for the use of facilities, including a use fee, fees for special custodial, attendant or security services, fees for supervisor services, fees for the use of special district equipment in conjunction with the use of facilities and any other fees established pursuant to WAC 132Q-136-010(2). The schedule of user fees may be amended from time to time.
(6) "Academic or administrative unit sponsorship" shall mean that the head of an academic or administrative unit within the district has reviewed a request for use of facilities, has determined that such use of facilities meets the general policy concerning the use of district facilities pursuant to WAC 132Q-136-010(1) and all limitations on the use of facilities pursuant to WAC 132Q-136-040, has determined that the academic or administrative unit is willing to sponsor the proposed use of facilities and has signed the appropriate request form.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140. 11-20-027, § 132Q-136-020, filed 9/23/11, effective 10/24/11; 84-19-028 (Resolution No. 22), § 132Q-136-020, filed 9/14/84.]
(2) No less than fourteen days prior to the anticipated date for use of district facilities, any individual or organization desiring to reserve or schedule facility use shall present all required forms, fully completed, to the appropriate scheduling office. The scheduling office shall process the completed application and secure all required approvals. The individual or organization requesting the use of facilities shall be notified of the disposition of the request within ten days. Such fourteen day notice may be waived by the scheduling office provided that such waiver does not disrupt normal facility operation.
(3) Full payment of the appropriate user fee, if any, or satisfactory payment arrangements are required prior to the use of district facilities.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140. 84-19-028 (Resolution No. 22), § 132Q-136-050, filed 9/14/84.]