Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Amend
WAC 132Q-30-105 Definitions.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Kathleen Roberson, Executive Assistant to the CFO, Community Colleges of Spokane, Mailstop 1006, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, email@example.com , AND RECEIVED BY July 22, 2013.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Housekeeping to update names, titles, and addresses referencing the Institute for Extended Learning.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The Institute for Extended Learning will merge with Spokane Community College effective July 1, 2013.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28B.50.140.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 28B.50.140.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Community Colleges of Spokane, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Kathleen Roberson, Mailstop 1006, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, (509) 434-5275; Implementation and Enforcement: Community Colleges of Spokane, Mailstop 1006, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, (509) 434-5275.
May 22, 2013
to the CFO
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 07-10-042, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07)
WAC 132Q-30-105 Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Accused student" means any student accused of violating the standards of conduct for students.
(2) "Appeal board" is a district-wide board composed of one administrator from each college appointed by the chief executive of that college. The appeal board considers appeals from a student conduct board's determination or from the sanctions imposed by the chief student services officer. The board is convened by the chief student services officer.
(3) The "chief student services officer" is that person
designated by the college president((
vice-president)) to be responsible for the administration of
the standards of conduct for students. The term also includes
a college official designated by the chief student services
officer to act on his/her behalf in matters related to this
(4) "College" means Spokane Community College, Spokane
Falls Community College, ((
or the Institute for Extended
Learning, at)) and all locations of Community Colleges of
(5) "College official" includes any person employed by the college performing assigned duties.
(6) "College premises" includes all land, buildings, facilities, and other property in the possession of or owned, used, or controlled by the Community Colleges of Spokane (including adjacent streets and sidewalks).
(7) "Complainant" means any member of CCS who submits a charge alleging that a student violated the standards of conduct for students. When students believe they have been victimized by someone's misconduct, they have the same rights under these standards as are provided to the complainant, even if another member of CCS submitted the charge itself.
(8) "Faculty member" means a teacher, counselor, or librarian or person who is otherwise considered by the college to be a member of its faculty.
(9) "Instructional day" means Monday through Friday, except for federal or state holidays, when students are in attendance for instructional purposes.
(10) "Member of CCS" includes any person who is a student, faculty member, college official, or any other person employed by CCS. A person's status in a particular situation is determined by the chief student services officer.
(11) "Student" includes a person taking courses at the college, either full-time or part-time. The term also includes persons who withdraw after allegedly violating the standards of conduct for students, who are not officially enrolled for a particular quarter but have a continuing relationship with the college (including suspended students), students on study abroad programs or who have been notified of their acceptance for admission. "Student" also includes "student organization."
(12) "Student organization" means any number of persons who have complied with the formal requirements for college recognition, such as clubs and associations, and are recognized by the college as such.
(13) "Student conduct board" is a board appointed by the chief executive officer of the college to hear complaints referred by the chief student services officer to determine whether a student has violated the standards of conduct for students, and to impose sanctions when a violation has been committed. The board shall have at least one member from the respective groups: Faculty, students, administration. The chief student services officer convenes the board and appoints the chair.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50 RCW. 07-10-042, § 132Q-30-105, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]