SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Disability Services Administration)
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 07-09-046.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: The department is amending WAC 388-825-103 When will I receive written notice of decisions made by DDD? and 388-825-145 Will my benefits continue if I request an administrative hearing?
Hearing Location(s): Office Building 2 - Auditorium (DSHS Headquarters), 1115 Washington, Olympia, WA 98504 (public parking at 11th and Jefferson. A map is available at http://www1.dshs.wa.gov/msa/rpau/RPAU-OB-2directions.html or by calling (360) 664-6094), on January 22, 2008, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: Not earlier than January 23, 2008.
Submit Written Comments to: DSHS Rules Coordinator, P.O. Box 45850, Olympia, WA 98504, delivery 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA 98503, e-mail DSHSRULESCOORDINATOR@dshs.wa.gov, fax (360) 664-6185, by 5 p.m. on January 22, 2008.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Jennisha Johnson, DSHS Rules Consultant, by January 15, 2008, TTY (360) 664-6178 or (360) 664-6094 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The purpose of these amendments is to revise WAC 388-825-103 and 388-825-145 to comply with the proposed order and settlement agreement under Boyle v. Arnold-Williams. The amendments add language regarding disenrollment from a DDD home and community based services waiver to the notice requirements and to the continuance of benefits pending an administrative hearing. When effective, these rules replace the emergency rules filed as WSR 07-23-012. The department intends to adopt further rules in chapter 388-825 WAC at a future date.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: These rules are necessary to comply with the proposed order and settlement agreement under Boyle v. Arnold-Williams.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 71A.12.030.
Statute Being Implemented: Title 71A RCW.
Rule is necessary because of federal court decision, Boyle vs. Arnold-Williams, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, No. C-01-5687 JKA.
Name of Proponent: Department of social and health services, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Steve Brink, 640 Woodland Square Loop S.E., Lacey, WA 98503-1045, P.O. Box 45310, Olympia, WA 98507-5310, e-mail email@example.com, (360) 725-3416, fax (360) 404-0955; Implementation: Shannon Manion, 640 Woodland Square Loop S.E., Lacey, WA 98503-1045, P.O. Box 45310, Olympia, WA 98507-5310, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 725-3454, fax (360) 404-0955; and Enforcement: Don Clintsman, 640 Woodland Square Loop S.E., Lacey, WA 98503-1045, P.O. Box 45310, Olympia, WA 98507-5310, e-mail email@example.com, (360) 725-3421, fax (360) 404-0955.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. These rules do not impact small business.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. These rules are not considered "significant." The rules are procedural as they pertain to the requirements related to agency hearings. Therefore they are exempt from the requirement to prepare a cost-benefit analysis.
December 13, 2007
Stephanie E. Schiller
(1) The denial or termination of eligibility for services under WAC 388-825-030 and 388-825-035;
(2) The authorization, denial, reduction, or termination of services or the payment of SSP set forth in chapter 388-827 WAC that are authorized by DDD;
(3) The admission or readmission to, or discharge from a residential habilitation center.
(4) Disenrollment from a DDD home and community based services waiver under WAC 388-845-0060, including a disenrollment from a waiver and enrollment in a different waiver.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.12.120, 71A.14.040, and Title 71A RCW. 05-11-015, § 388-825-103, filed 5/9/05, effective 6/9/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.10.020, and 71A.16.040. 04-15-093, § 388-825-103, filed 7/16/04, effective 8/16/04.]
(2) If you request an administrative hearing within the ten-day notice period, as described in chapter 388-458 WAC, unless one or more of the conditions in WAC 388-825-150 applies, the department will take no action until there is a final decision on your appeal of the department's decision to:
(a) Terminate your eligibility for services;
(b) Reduce or terminate your services; ((
(c) Reduce or terminate the payment of SSP set forth in chapter 388-827 WAC; or
(d) Disenroll you from a DDD home and community based services waiver under WAC 388-845-0060, including a disenrollment from a waiver and enrollment in a different waiver.
(3) The department will take no action until there is a final decision on your appeal of the department's decision to remove or transfer you to another residential service unless one or more of the conditions in WAC 388-825-150 applies.
(4) The department will take no action to terminate your provider of choice unless one or more of the circumstances described in WAC 388-825-150 applies.
(5) After the administrative hearing, you may have to pay back continued benefits you get, as described in chapter 388-410 WAC, if the administrative hearing decision is in favor of the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.20.080, and Title 71A RCW. 06-10-055, § 388-825-145, filed 5/1/06, effective 6/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.12.120. 05-17-135, § 388-825-145, filed 8/19/05, effective 9/19/05.]