(1) Any order of the faculty appeal board that is based on the findings of a formal hearing may be appealed for a final review to the president or the president's delegate. The student must submit an appeal in writing within twenty-one days of service of the board's order, or twenty-five days of mailing the order, unless the order specifies a different time limit. Any appeal shall specify the portion of the board's order to which exception is taken and shall refer to the evidence of record which is relied upon to support the petition. However, the president or the president's delegate shall review all orders of dismissal, regardless of whether the student appeals.
(2) The president or the president's delegate shall consider the entire record of the disciplinary proceeding or such portion as may be cited by the student. At the president's or the president's delegate's discretion, the parties may also supplement the record with additional evidence.
(3) The parties may present their arguments to the president or the president's delegate in writing, and the president or the president's delegate may, at his or her discretion, afford each party an opportunity for oral argument.
(4) After reviewing the record and considering the arguments of the two parties, the president or the president's delegate shall enter a final order disposing of the matter or remanding the case for further proceedings and provide the student with a copy of that order.
(5) In a case involving an alleged sexual offense, both the accuser and the accused shall be informed of the outcome of the review. In a case where the student is a minor, the decision of the president or the president's delegate may be reported to the student's parents or legal guardian at the discretion of the president or president's delegate.
(6) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, and before an initial order becomes final, the president or the president's delegate may review the order. Any such review shall be in accord with RCW 34.05.464
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.20.130 and 28B.10.900 through 28B.10.903. 96-10-051, § 478-120-125, filed 4/29/96, effective 5/30/96.]