Pursuant to RCW 47.36.270
, a regional shopping center may be signed as a supplemental guide sign destination from state highways in accordance with the applicable sections of MUTCD Part 2 Chapter 2D, Guide Signs - Conventional Roads, and MUTCD Part 2 Chapter 2E Guide Signs - Freeways and Expressways, and in accordance with subsections (1) through (8) of this section.
(1) There shall be at least 500,000 square feet of retail floor space;
(2) There shall be at least three major department stores owned by national or regional retail chain organizations;
(3) The center shall be located within one highway mile of the state highway;
(4) The center shall generate at least 9,000 daily one-way vehicle trips to the center;
(5) Sufficient sign space as specified in the MUTCD shall be available for installation;
(6) Supplemental follow-through directional signing is required on county roads or city streets at key motorist decision points, if the center is not clearly visible from the point of exit from the state highway. The required supplemental follow-through directional signs shall be installed by the city or county prior to the installation of signs on the state highway;
(7) Signing on the state highway to a county road or city street that bears the name of the regional shopping center fulfills the statutory requirements for signing to those centers;
(8) The costs of materials and labor for fabricating, installing, and maintaining regional shopping center signs shall be borne by the center.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 47.36.030. 11-23-101, § 468-95-140, filed 11/18/11, effective 12/19/11. Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05 RCW and RCW 46.36.030 [RCW 47.36.030]. 05-23-003, § 468-95-140, filed 11/3/05, effective 12/4/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05 RCW and RCW 47.36.030. 03-06-053, § 468-95-140, filed 2/28/03, effective 3/31/03.]