To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Nonissuer transactions pursuant to RCW 21.20.320(2)—Manual exemption.
Any nonissuer transaction by a registered salesperson of a registered broker-dealer, and any resale transaction by a sponsor of a unit investment trust registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940, in a security of a class that has been outstanding in the hands of the public for at least ninety days shall be exempt pursuant to RCW 21.20.320
(2) provided that, at the time of the transaction:
(1) The issuer of the security is actually engaged in business and not in the organizational stage, bankruptcy, or receivership;
(2) The issuer is not a blank check, blind pool or shell company whose primary plan of business is to engage in a merger or combination of the business with, or an acquisition of, an unidentified person or persons;
(3) The security is sold at a price reasonably related to the current market price of the security;
(4) The security does not constitute all or part of an unsold allotment to, or a subscription or participation by, the broker-dealer as an underwriter of the security;
(5) A nationally recognized securities manual designated by the director pursuant to WAC 460-10A-160
or a document filed with and publicly available through the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's Electronic Data Gathering and Retrieval System (EDGAR) contains:
(a) A description of the business and operations of the issuer;
(b) The names of the issuer's officers and the names of the issuer's directors, if any, or, in the case of a non-U.S. issuer, the corporate equivalents of such persons in the issuer's country of domicile;
(c) An audited balance sheet of the issuer as of a date within eighteen months or, in the case of a reorganization or merger where parties to the reorganization or merger had such audited balance sheet, a pro forma balance sheet; and
(d) An audited income statement for each of the issuer's immediately preceding two fiscal years, or for the period of existence of the issuer, if in existence for less than two years or, in the case of a reorganization or merger where the parties to the reorganization or merger had such audited income statement, a pro forma income statement; and
(6) The issuer of the security has a class of equity securities listed on a national securities exchange registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, or designated for trading on the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System (NASDAQ), unless:
(a) The issuer of the security is a unit investment trust registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940;
(b) The issuer of the security has been engaged in continuous business (including predecessors) for at least three years; or
(c) The issuer of the security has total assets of at least $2,000,000 based on an audited balance sheet as of a date within eighteen months or, in the case of a reorganization or merger where parties to the reorganization or merger had such audited balance sheet, a pro forma balance sheet.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 21.20.450
(2). WSR 98-17-012, § 460-44A-100, filed 8/10/98, effective 9/10/98.]