(1) School districts must ensure that their policies and procedures for protection of confidential information comply with WAC 392-172A-05180
(2) OSPI reviews compliance through targeted monitoring activities, and state complaints.
(3) If school districts do not have procedures in place that comply with subsection (1) of this section, OSPI will require the school district to correct noncompliance through corrective actions that include but are not limited to:
(a) Review and revision of district procedures; and
(b) Technical assistance.
(4) To the extent that any violations that exist under this section are also violations under 34 C.F.R. Part 99, complaints regarding a participating agency's failure to comply may be addressed to the Department of Education, Family Policy Compliance Office.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090
(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. WSR 07-14-078, § 392-172A-05245, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.]