To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
As used in this chapter, the term "eligible student" means any person, including a person who is otherwise attending a private school or receiving home-based instruction, who meets each of the following conditions:
(1) The person is under the age of twenty-one years of age as of September 1 of the school year.
(2) The person is eligible by reason of his or her residence or other criterion established by law to enroll in the school district through which the person seeks to obtain the award of running start program high school credit. See RCW 28A.225.160
(residents of a school district), RCW 28A.225.170
(residents of the United States and Indian Reservations), RCW 28A.225.210
(residents of "nonhigh" school districts), and RCW 28A.225.220
("choice" students). Note: A running start student who changes his or her school district of residence, following enrollment in running start, solely for the purpose of attending an institution of higher education under this chapter shall be deemed to have retained his or her residence in the school district of initial running start enrollment for high school graduation, funding and other purposes under this chapter.
(3) The person is eligible under the grade placement policies of the school district through which the person seeks to obtain running start program high school credit to be in the eleventh or the twelfth grade.
(4) The person has not as of the beginning of the school year earned the credits required for the award of a high school diploma by the school district through which the person seeks to obtain the award of running start program high school credit.
(5) The person has not as of the beginning of the school year received a high school diploma or its equivalent. Note: A general education development certificate is not considered to be the equivalent of a high school diploma for purposes of this subsection.
(6) The person's running start program enrollment to date is below the applicable eleventh or twelfth grade running start enrollment limitations established under WAC 392-169-055
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.300.390
. WSR 95-09-042 (Order 95-02), § 392-169-020, filed 4/14/95, effective 5/15/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.600.390
and [28A.150.]290. WSR 94-04-095 (Order 94-01), § 392-169-020, filed 2/1/94, effective 3/4/94.]