Enrollment in a technical college pursuant to an interlocal agreement with a school district as provided in RCW 28B.50.533
may be counted as course of study generating state moneys payable directly to the technical college as provided in this section.
(1) The technical college shall submit a written request to the superintendent of public instruction and for each school district whose students are to be claimed by the college shall provide a copy of the interlocal agreement signed by the school district superintendent and the technical college president or authorized officials of the school district and college.
(2) The technical college shall report enrolled students monthly (September through June) to the superintendent of public instruction pursuant to this chapter and instructions provided by the superintendent. A separate report shall be submitted for each school district whose students are reported. Reports of students eligible for state basic education support shall show the total number of students served and total nonvocational and vocational FTE students on the monthly count date. Reports shall also show the name of each student, hours of enrollment per week on the monthly count date, and the nonvocational and vocational full-time equivalent reported for the student on the count date. Technical colleges claiming direct state handicapped funding under the interlocal agreement shall also report the number of enrolled handicapped students by handicapping category on the count dates of October through June pursuant to WAC 392-122-160
and chapter 392-172A
(3) The technical college shall report monthly to each school district whose students are served pursuant to this section. The report shall include at a minimum the data reported to the superintendent of public instruction pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The technical college shall report only students who:
(a) Were under twenty-one years of age at the beginning of the school year;
(b) Are enrolled tuition-free;
(c) Are enrolled in a school district with which the technical college has a signed interlocal agreement on file with the superintendent of public instruction pursuant to subsection (1) of this section;
(d) Are enrolled in the school district for the purpose of earning a high school diploma or certificate; and
(e) Have actually participated in instructional activity at the technical college during the current school year.
(5) Enrollments claimed for state basic education funding by the technical college:
(a) Shall be for courses for which the student is earning high school graduation credit through the school district or the technical college; and
(b) Shall not include:
(i) Enrollment which is claimed by the school district for state funding; or
(ii) Enrollment which generates state or federal moneys for higher education, adult education, or job training for the technical college.
(6) Full-time equivalent students reported by the technical college for state basic education funding shall be determined pursuant to WAC 392-121-106
except that the enrollment count dates shall be for the months of September through June. If a student is enrolled in courses provided by the school district as well as courses provided by the technical college, the combined full-time equivalents reported by the school district and the technical college are limited by WAC 392-121-136
(7) The superintendent of public instruction shall make quarterly payments to the technical college as follows:
(a) Basic education allocations shall be determined pursuant to chapter 392-121
WAC based on average enrollments reported by the technical college for each school district times the average allocation per full-time equivalent high school student of the school district: Provided, That allocations for students enrolled in school districts with no more than two high schools with enrollments of less than three hundred annual average full-time equivalent students shall be at the incremental rate generated by students in excess of sixty annual average full-time equivalent students. Allocations for nonvocational and vocational full-time equivalent enrollments shall be calculated separately.
(b) Handicapped allocations shall be determined pursuant to WAC 392-122-100
based on average handicapped enrollments and the school district's average allocation per handicapped student in each handicapping category.
(c) Quarterly payments shall provide the following percentages of the annual allocation:
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.305
. WSR 13-02-004, § 392-121-187, filed 12/19/12, effective 1/19/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
. WSR 09-06-038, § 392-121-187, filed 2/25/09, effective 3/28/09; WSR 94-17-096, § 392-121-187, filed 8/17/94, effective 9/17/94.]