To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Limitation on enrollment counts.
(1) Except as provided in (a), (b) and (c) of this subsection, no student, including a student enrolled in more than one school district, shall be counted as more than one full-time equivalent student on any count date or more than one annual average full-time equivalent student in any school year.
(a) School districts or charter schools operating approved vocational skills center programs during the summer vacation months may claim additional full-time equivalent students based upon actual enrollment in such vocational skills centers on the aggregate of enrolled hours based upon the fourth day of each summer session. Each district or charter school operating an approved vocational skills center program shall be entitled to claim one annual average full-time equivalent student for each 900 hours of planned student enrollment for the summer term(s) subject to the limitation in (c) of this subsection.
(b) Enrollment count limitations apply separately to a student's running start, skills center and high school enrollments and is limited to an overall maximum 1.8 FTE.
(c) Subject to (b) of this subsection, a student enrolled in a skill center program during the regular school year may be claimed for up to a combined 1.6 full-time equivalent student. A student enrolled in running start during the regular school year may be claimed for up to a combined 1.2 full-time equivalent student. A student enrolled in high school and skills center for more than 1.0 FTE, can be claimed for a 0.2 running start FTE.
Each student may be claimed for a maximum of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for the skills center enrollment, a maximum of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for running start and a maximum of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for the student's high school enrollment subject to the overall combined FTE limitation in (b) of this subsection.
(2) Running start enrollment counts are limited as provided in chapter 392-169
WAC and specifically as provided in WAC 392-169-060
(3) The full-time equivalent reported for a five year old preschool student with a disability is limited as provided in WAC 392-121-137
(4) No kindergarten student, including a student enrolled in more than one school district, shall be counted as more than one-half of an annual average full-time equivalent student in any school year.
(5) A student reported as part-time on Form SPI E-672 shall not be reported by a school district or charter school for more than part-time basic education funding on that enrollment count date and the total enrollment reported by one or more school districts or charter schools for basic education and on Form SPI E-672 must not exceed one full-time equivalent.
(6) Districts and charter schools providing an approved state-funded full-day kindergarten program as provided in chapter 28A.150
RCW (from E2SSB 5841) may claim up to an additional 0.50 FTE based upon student enrolled hours in excess of the 0.50 FTE provided under subsection (4) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
. WSR 15-18-078, § 392-121-136, filed 8/28/15, effective 9/28/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.305
. WSR 13-02-004, § 392-121-136, filed 12/19/12, effective 1/19/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
(1). WSR 10-13-020, § 392-121-136, filed 6/4/10, effective 7/5/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
. WSR 09-01-172, § 392-121-136, filed 12/23/08, effective 1/23/09; WSR 08-04-010, § 392-121-136, filed 1/24/08, effective 2/24/08; WSR 97-22-013 (Order 97-06), § 392-121-136, filed 10/27/97, effective 11/27/97; WSR 95-01-013, § 392-121-136, filed 12/8/94, effective 1/8/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
. WSR 91-02-096 (Order 50), § 392-121-136, filed 1/2/91, effective 2/2/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.41.055
. WSR 88-03-013 (Order 88-8), § 392-121-136, filed 1/11/88.]