A person who qualifies for any of the exclusions set forth in this section shall not be counted as an enrolled student pursuant to WAC 392-121-106
(1) Absences - Except as provided in (a) and (b) of this subsection, a student whose consecutive days of absence from school exceed twenty school days, or a part-time student that has not attended school at least once within a time period consisting of twenty consecutive school days, shall not be counted as an enrolled student until attendance is resumed. School days are defined as the regularly scheduled instructional days for the general population of the school or district the student is enrolled in, regardless of the student's individualized schedule.
(a) If there is a written agreement between the appropriate school official and a student's parent or guardian pursuant to RCW 28A.225.010
that the student's temporary absence is not deemed to cause a serious adverse effect upon the student's educational progress, the absent student may be counted as an enrolled student for up to two monthly enrollment count dates as specified in WAC 392-121-122
(b) A student receiving home and/or hospital service pursuant to WAC 392-172A-02100
shall be counted as an enrolled student as provided in WAC 392-122-145
(2) Dropouts - A student for whom the school district has received notification of dropping out of school by the student or the student's parent or guardian shall not be counted as an enrolled student until attendance is resumed.
(3) Transfers - A student who has transferred to another public or private school and for whom the school district has received notification of transfer from the school to which the student has transferred, from the student, or from the student's parent or guardian shall not be counted as an enrolled student unless the student reenrolls in the school district.
(4) Suspensions - A student who has been suspended from school pursuant to WAC 392-400-260
, when the conditions of the suspension will cause the student to lose academic grades or credit, shall not be counted as an enrolled student until attendance is resumed.
(5) Expulsions - A student who has been expelled from all school subjects or classes by the school district pursuant to WAC 392-400-275
shall not be counted as an enrolled student until such time as enrollment in a district program has resumed; a student who has been partially expelled, such as from a single school subject or class, by the school district pursuant to WAC 392-400-275
may be considered a part-time enrolled student.
(6) Graduates - A student who has met the high school graduation requirements of chapter 180-51
WAC by the beginning of the school year.
(7) Tuition - A student paying tuition including, but not limited to, students on an F-1 visa or students enrolled in a tuition-based summer school program.
(8) An institution student who is claimed as a 1.0 FTE by any institution as an enrolled student eligible for state institutional education support pursuant to chapter 392-122
WAC where the institution's count date occurs prior to the school district count date for the month. Where the count dates occur on the same date, the institution shall have priority for counting the student.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.305
. WSR 13-02-004, § 392-121-108, filed 12/19/12, effective 1/19/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
. WSR 10-12-037, § 392-121-108, filed 5/25/10, effective 6/25/10; WSR 09-01-044, § 392-121-108, filed 12/10/08, effective 1/10/09; WSR 07-23-008, § 392-121-108, filed 11/8/07, effective 12/9/07; WSR 05-19-140, § 392-121-108, filed 9/21/05, effective 10/22/05; WSR 97-22-013 (Order 97-06), § 392-121-108, filed 10/27/97, effective 11/27/97; WSR 95-01-013, § 392-121-108, filed 12/8/94, effective 1/8/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290
, 28A.150.250 and 28A.150.260. WSR 91-02-096 (Order 50), § 392-121-108, filed 1/2/91, effective 2/2/91. Statutory Authority: 1990 c 33. WSR 90-16-002 (Order 18), § 392-121-108, filed 7/19/90, effective 8/19/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.41.055
and 28A.41.170. WSR 88-03-013 (Order 88-8), § 392-121-108, filed 1/11/88.]