Parents retain custody of their child at all times when the child is receiving services in the voluntary placement program. Parents responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) The right to make all major nonemergency decision about medical care, enlistment in military service, marriage and other important legal decisions for the person under eighteen years of age;
(2) Maintain ongoing and regular contact with the child;
(3) Agree to work cooperatively with their child's DDD social worker and other DSHS staff and persons caring for their child;
(4) Participate in decision making for their child;
(5) Cooperate with DDD in selecting a representative payee for the child's Social Security benefits, received from the Social Security Administration, and which are used for basic maintenance while the child is in out-of-home care;
(6) Agree that if their child's out-of-home placement disrupts, their child will return to the parents physical care until a new placement is developed. The parent's signature on the voluntary placement agreement confirms their understanding of the responsibilities listed in the VPA.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.350. 02-22-057, § 388-826-0075, filed 10/31/02, effective 12/1/02.]