The boarding home must:
(1) Maintain a systematic and secure method of identifying and filing resident records for easy access;
(2) Maintain resident records and preserve their confidentiality in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes and rules, including chapters 70.02
(3) Allow authorized representatives of the department and other authorized regulatory agencies access to resident records;
(4) Provide any resident or other individual or organization access to resident records upon written consent of the resident or the resident's representative, unless state or federal law provide for broader access;
(5) Allow authorized agents, such as a management company, to use resident records solely for the purpose of providing care and services to residents and ensure that agents do not disclose such records except in a manner consistent with law; and
(6) Maintain ownership and control of resident records, except that resident records may be transferred to a subsequent person licensed by the department to operate the boarding home.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.20.090 (2004 c 142 § 19) and chapter 18.20 RCW. 04-16-065, § 388-78A-2400, filed 7/30/04, effective 9/1/04.]