The adult family home must ensure:
(1) A licensed nurse, pharmacist, the resident or the resident's family member fills a resident's medication organizer;
(2) Prescribed and over-the-counter medications placed in a medication organizer come from the original container labeled for the resident by the pharmacist or pharmacy service;
(3) Each resident and anyone giving care to a resident can readily identify medications in the medication organizer;
(4) Medication organizer labels clearly show the following:
(a) The name of the resident;
(b) A list of all prescribed and over-the-counter medications;
(c) The dosage of each medication;
(d) The frequency which the medications are given.
(5) The person filling the medication organizer updates the labels on the medication organizer when the practitioner changes a medication.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.128.040 and chapters 70.128 and 74.34 RCW. 07-21-080, § 388-76-10480, filed 10/16/07, effective 1/1/08.]