(1) The adult family home must ensure staff persons hired before January 7, 2012 meet training requirements in effect on the date hired, including requirements in chapter 388-112
(2) The adult family home must ensure all adult family home caregivers, entity representatives, and resident managers hired on or after January 7, 2012, meet the long-term care worker training requirements of chapter 388-112
WAC, including but not limited to:
(a) Orientation and safety;
(c) Specialty for dementia, mental illness and/or developmental disabilities when serving residents with any of those primary special needs;
(d) Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid; and
(e) Continuing education.
(3) All persons listed in subsection (2) of this section, must obtain the home-care aide certification if required by this section or chapters 246-980
(4) Even if an adult family home applicant does not intend to provide direct personal care, the applicant must meet the long-term care worker training and home-care aide certification requirements under chapter 388-112
WAC to the same extent that the requirements would apply if the applicant was a long-term care worker.
(5) Under RCW 18.88B.041
and chapter 246-980
WAC, certain individuals, including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants or persons who are in an approved certified nursing assistant programs, are exempt from home-care aide certification and long-term care worker training requirements. This exemption does not apply to continuing education; these individuals must comply with continuing education requirements under chapter 388-112
(6) The adult family home must ensure that all staff receive the orientation and training necessary to perform their job duties.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.128.040
. WSR 12-16-087, § 388-76-10146, filed 7/31/12, effective 8/31/12. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.128
RCW. WSR 12-01-004, § 388-76-10146, filed 12/7/11, effective 1/7/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.128.040
, chapter 74.39A
RCW. WSR 10-16-082, § 388-76-10146, filed 7/30/10, effective 1/1/11.]