To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Qualifications—Training and home care aide certification.
(1) The adult family home must ensure staff persons hired before January 7, 2012 meet training requirements in effect on the date hired, including requirements in chapter 388-112
(2) The adult family home must ensure all adult family home caregivers, entity representatives, and resident managers hired on or after January 7, 2012, meet the long-term care worker training requirements of chapter 388-112
WAC, including but not limited to:
(a) Orientation and safety;
(c) Specialty for dementia, mental illness and/or developmental disabilities when serving residents with any of those primary special needs;
(d) Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid; and
(e) Continuing education.
(3) All persons listed in subsection (2) of this section, must obtain the home-care aide certification if required by this section or chapters 246-980
(a) Until March 1, 2016, a provisional home-care aide certification may be issued by the department of health to a long-term care worker who is limited English proficient.
(4) Even if an adult family home applicant does not intend to provide direct personal care, the applicant must meet the long-term care worker training and home-care aide certification requirements under chapter 388-112
WAC to the same extent that the requirements would apply if the applicant was a long-term care worker.
(5) Under RCW 18.88B.041
and chapter 246-980
WAC, certain individuals, including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants or persons who are in an approved certified nursing assistant programs, are exempt from home-care aide certification and long-term care worker training requirements. This exemption does not apply to continuing education; these individuals must comply with continuing education requirements under chapter 388-112
(6) The adult family home must ensure that all staff receive the orientation and training necessary to perform their job duties.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.128
RCW. WSR 15-03-037, § 388-76-10146, filed 1/12/15, effective 2/12/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.128.040
. WSR 12-16-087, § 388-76-10146, filed 7/31/12, effective 8/31/12. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.128
RCW. WSR 12-01-004, § 388-76-10146, filed 12/7/11, effective 1/7/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.128.040
, chapter 74.39A
RCW. WSR 10-16-082, § 388-76-10146, filed 7/30/10, effective 1/1/11.]