What documentation must a program submit before the department may certify the program?
The program's director must submit the following documentation with the program's application:
(1) A written statement signed by the director that the program complies with the standards contained in this chapter;
(2) Results of current criminal history background checks conducted by the Washington state patrol for all current direct treatment program staff;
(3) A statement for each current paid or volunteer staff person whether or not the staff person has ever been a party to any civil proceedings involving domestic violence;
(4) Proof that each direct treatment staff is registered as a counselor or certified as a mental health professional with the department of health;
(5) Evidence that the program maintains cooperative relationships with agencies providing services related to domestic violence.
(a) This evidence must include, at a minimum:
(i) Three items of evidence that they have established and continue to maintain cooperative relationships with local domestic violence victim programs and other local agencies involved with domestic violence intervention.
(ii) Documentation that they have established a referral process between their program and the local domestic violence victim services programs.
(iii) Proof that they participate in a local domestic violence task force, intervention committee or workgroup if one exists in their community.
(b) The program may also submit evidence of the following:
(i) Participation in public awareness activities sponsored by the local domestic violence victim services agency.
(ii) Service agreements between the local domestic violence victim services agency(ies) and the treatment program.
(iii) Letters of support for the program from other agencies or parties involved in domestic violence intervention.
(6) Evidence that the program maintains cooperative relationships with agencies involved in domestic violence intervention.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.50.150
. WSR 01-08-046, § 388-60-0455, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]