What is the process to apply for certification of a treatment program?
(1) Any program wishing to provide treatment to perpetrators of domestic violence must request certification by completing an application available from the department. To request an application by mail, write to:
Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment Program
Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
P.O. Box 45710
Olympia, Washington 98504-5710.
(2) The program must submit the application, application fee, and all documentation needed to prove that the program meets the requirements set forth in these standards.
(3) A program may not provide direct treatment services to domestic violence perpetrators without being certified by the department.
(4) If approved, the department grants certification for a two year period.
(5) The department considers each geographical location of a program an individual program, and must certify each program separately.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.50.150
. WSR 01-08-046, § 388-60-0435, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]