WASHCAP means the Washington State Combined Application Project.
(1) WASHCAP is a simplified food benefits program for most single supplemental security income (SSI) recipients.
(a) WASHCAP uses policy of the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP).
(i) The food and nutrition act of 2008;
(ii) Federal regulations for the SNAP program under Title 7 of the Code of Federal Regulations; and
(iii) The current demonstration project waiver for WASHCAP approved by USDA food and nutrition service (FNS).
(b) Unless specifically stated in chapter 388-492
WAC, WASHCAP food benefits follow all the program requirements of the Basic Food program as described under Title 388 WAC.
(2) The Social Security Administration (SSA) asks you if you want to get food benefits when you apply for SSI in Washington state. You do not have to go to your local community services office (CSO) to apply for WASHCAP.
(3) If you meet the requirements of WAC 388-492-0030
, you will get WASHCAP food benefits unless you can choose Basic Food benefits under WAC 388-492-0040
(4) If you are eligible for WASHCAP food benefits under WAC 388-492-0030
, SSA will electronically send us the information we need to open and update your WASHCAP food benefits.
(5) When the DSHS and SSA systems match exactly, WASHCAP food benefits begin the first month after the month you apply and are eligible for ongoing SSI and meet WASHCAP program requirements.
(6) If you want Basic Food benefits before WASHCAP food benefits begin, you can apply:
(a) By contacting the customer service center (CSC) at 1- 877-501-2233
to request an application be mailed to you;
(b) Online at washingtonconnection.org;
(c) At any community services office (CSO);
(d) At any home and community services office (HCS); or
(e) At any Social Security Administration (SSA) office.
(7) If you get Basic Food benefits, these benefits will continue:
(a) Through the end of your certification period; or
(b) Through the month before your WASHCAP food benefits start.
(8) We calculate your WASHCAP benefits using the information we receive from SSA. Because of this, you must report all changes to SSA.
(9) You do not have to report changes to your WASHCAP worker. See WAC 388-492-0080
(10) When the department learns of a change in your circumstances, we may also update your WASHCAP food benefits.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.500, 74.08.090, 74.08A.903, and Title 7 C.F.R. Part 273. WSR 14-22-075, § 388-492-0020, filed 11/3/14, effective 12/4/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.500, 74.08.090, 74.08A.903, and 7 C.F.R. 273.23. WSR 10-23-115, § 388-492-0020, filed 11/17/10, effective 12/18/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, 74.08.090. WSR 04-23-026, § 388-492-0020, filed 11/8/04, effective 12/9/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.57 [74.04.057], 74.04.500, 74.04.510. WSR 02-15-148, § 388-492-0020, filed 7/22/02, effective 9/1/02; WSR 01-21-058, § 388-492-0020, filed 10/16/01, effective 12/1/01.]