(1) You can apply for cash assistance, medical assistance, or Basic Food by giving us an application form in person, by mail, by fax, or by completing an online application.
(2) If your entire assistance unit (AU) gets or is applying for supplemental security income (SSI), your AU can file an application for Basic Food at the local Social Security administration district office (SSADO).
(3) If you are incapacitated, a dependent child, or cannot apply for benefits on your own for some other reason, a legal guardian, caretaker, or authorized representative can apply for you.
(4) You can apply for cash assistance, medical assistance, or Basic Food with just one application form.
(5) If you apply for benefits at a local office, we accept your application on the same day you come in. If you apply at an office that does not serve the area where you live, we send your application to the appropriate office by the next business day so that office receives your application on the same day we send it.
(6) We accept your application for benefits if it has at least:
(a) For cash and medical assistance combined, the name, address, and signatures of the responsible adult AU members or person applying for you. A minor child may sign if there is no adult in the AU. Signatures must be handwritten, electronic or digital as defined by the department, or a mark if witnessed by another person.
(b) For medical assistance only, the name, address, and signature of the applicant. If the application is for a child, it may be signed by an adult caretaker in the absence of a parent; or by the child in the absence of a parent or adult caretaker.
(c) For Basic Food, the name, address, and signature of a responsible member of your AU or person applying for you as an authorized representative under WAC 388-460-0005
(7) As a part of the application process, we may require you to:
(a) Complete an interview if one is required under WAC 388-452-0005
(b) Meet WorkFirst participation requirements for four weeks in a row if required under WAC 388-310-1600
(c) Give us the information we need to decide if you are eligible as required under WAC 388-406-0030
(d) Give us proof of information as required under WAC 388-490-0005
so we can determine if you are eligible.
(8) If you are eligible for necessary supplemental accommodation (NSA) services under chapter 388-472
WAC, we help you meet the requirements of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, and 74.04.090. 11-13-030, § 388-406-0010, filed 6/7/11, effective 7/8/11; 08-15-059, § 388-406-0010, filed 7/14/08, effective 8/14/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, and chapter 74.08A RCW. 06-10-034, § 388-406-0010, filed 4/27/06, effective 6/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510. 03-22-039, § 388-406-0010, filed 10/28/03, effective 12/1/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 74.08.090. 02-11-137, § 388-406-0010, filed 5/21/02, effective 7/1/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. 98-16-044, § 388-406-0010, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98. Formerly WAC 388-504-0405.]