To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
What information must the department or child placing agency provide to prospective adoptive parents about the birth parent(s) of a child being considered for adoption?
The department or the child placing agency must provide a nonidentifying report on the birth parent(s) that includes any known and available social and medical information on the child's birth parent(s) in accordance with RCW 26.33.380
. This information regarding the birth parent(s) must include but is not limited to:
(1) First names only;
(2) Current age of parent(s);
(3) Heritage, including nationality, ethnic background, and race;
(4) General physical appearance, including height, weight, color of hair, eyes, and skin or other information of a similar nature;
(5) Education, including the number of years of school completed at the time of the adoption, and school report (if still attending), but not the name or location of the school;
(6) Religion or religious heritage;
(7) Occupation, but no specific titles or places of employment;
(8) Talents, hobbies, and special interests;
(9) Family history and circumstances leading to the adoption;
(10) Medical and genetic history including:
(a) Available psychiatric, psychological, and substance abuse reports;
(b) Available medical history including any acute or chronic conditions;
(c) Available medical history of the birth and pregnancy, including any known substance abuse by the birth mother while pregnant.
(11) First names other children of birth parents by age and sex;
(12) Available medical histories of other children;
(13) Extended family of birth parents by age and sex;
(14) Medical histories of extended family members, if known;
(15) The fact of the death, age at death, and cause, if known, of a birth parent;
(16) Photographs of child and birth family, if available; and
(17) Name of agency or individual that facilitated the adoption.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031
. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-27-0100, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]