(1) A support order entered by a superior court may only be modified by a superior court or a court of comparable jurisdiction of an Indian tribe or another state or country. The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA, adopted in Washington as chapter 26.21A
RCW) determines which state, tribe or country may modify the order.
(2) If the order specifically states how the amount of support may be adjusted, the division of child support (DCS) may bring an administrative action under RCW 26.23.110
and WAC 388-14A-3310
(3) As provided in WAC 388-14A-3900
, DCS may review any support order to determine whether DCS should petition to modify the support provisions of the order.
(4) Either DCS, the CP or the NCP may petition to modify an administrative order under WAC 388-14A-3925
. Acting as a responding jurisdiction, DCS may petition to modify an administrative order at the request of the initiating jurisdiction.
(5) Under appropriate circumstances, an administrative support order may be vacated. See WAC 388-14A-3700
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.23.120, 34.05.350 (1)(b),43.20A.550 , 74.04.055, 74.08.090, 74.20.040(9), 74.20A.310 and 45 C.F.R. Parts 301.1, 302.36, 303.7, 303.11, 305.63, and 308.2. 13-01-075, § 388-14A-3800, filed 12/18/12, effective 1/18/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 34.05.310 (4)(d), chapter 26.19 RCW, RCW 34.05.220(1), 74.20A.055,74.20A.056 . 03-20-072, § 388-14A-3800, filed 9/29/03, effective 10/30/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, chapter 26.19 RCW, 34.05.220(1), 74.20A.055, 74.20A.056. 01-03-089, § 388-14A-3800, filed 1/17/01, effective 2/17/01. Formerly WAC 388-11-140.]