To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) A person appealing an order not stayed by the issuing agency may obtain a stay of the effectiveness of that order only as set forth in this section.
(2) An appealing party may request a stay by including such a request in the notice of appeal or in a subsequent motion. The request must be accompanied by a statement of grounds for the stay and evidence setting forth the factual basis upon which the request is based.
(3) Upon receipt of a request for a stay, the board will confer with the parties regarding its disposition. If necessary, a hearing on the motion will be held. If it appears that a hearing on the merits and issues of the case should be consolidated with the request for a stay, the board will advance the hearing date on its own initiative or by request of the parties.
(4) The requester makes a prima facie case for a stay if the requester demonstrates either a likelihood of success on the merits of the appeal or irreparable harm. Upon such a showing, the board shall grant the stay unless the agency demonstrates either:
(a) A substantial probability of success on the merits; or
(b) Likelihood of success and an overriding public interest which justifies denial of the stay.
(5) Unless otherwise stipulated by the parties, the board, after granting or denying a request for a stay, shall expedite the hearing and decision on the merits.
(6) Any party aggrieved by the grant or denial of a stay by the board may petition the superior court of Thurston County for review of that decision pending the hearing on the merits before the board.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21B.170
. WSR 96-15-003, § 371-08-415, filed 7/3/96, effective 8/3/96.]