(1) No individual shall perform any lead-based paint activity as described in WAC 365-230-200
without first becoming certified by the department. Certified individuals may perform only specific lead-based paint activities for which they are certified. Individuals seeking certification by the department to engage in lead-based paint activities must:
Submit a complete application as described in WAC 365-230-150
and must provide documentation that the applicant has either:
(a) Met the certification requirements as described in WAC 365-230-132
for the inspector, risk assessor, or supervisor disciplines; or WAC 365-230-134
for the project designer or worker disciplines; or
(b) Holds a valid certification issued by EPA or by a state or tribal program that has been authorized by EPA according to 40 C.F.R. 745.324.
(i) Applicants for certification based on certification from another state or tribal program must document to the department that they have read and understand the certification and work practice standards as described in these rules.
(ii) Certification based on a valid lead-based paint certification issued by EPA or by an EPA-authorized state or tribal program shall be issued with an expiration date not to exceed the date of expiration listed on the EPA or EPA-authorized state or tribal certification.
(2) Individuals may first apply to the department for certification to engage in lead-based paint activities pursuant to this section on or after the effective date of these rules.
(3) Following the submission of an application demonstrating that all the requirements of this section have been met, the department shall certify an applicant as an inspector, risk assessor, supervisor, project designer, or abatement worker, as appropriate.
(4) Upon receiving the department certification, individuals conducting lead-based paint activities shall comply with the work practice standards for performing the appropriate lead-based paint activities as established in the Work practice standards section (WAC 365-230-200
(5) It shall be a violation of these rules for an individual to conduct any of the lead-based paint activities described in the Work practice standards section (WAC 365-230-200
) that has not been certified by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.103.10 [70.103.010], 70.103.20 [70.103.020], 70.103.30 [70.103.030], 70.103.40 [70.103.040],70.103.50 [70.103.050], 70.10.80 [70.103.080], and 70.103.90 [70.103.090]. 11-07-067, § 365-230-130, filed 3/21/11, effective 4/21/11. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.103 RCW. 07-07-044, § 365-230-130, filed 3/13/07, effective 4/13/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.103.0030(2) [70.103.030(2)],70.103.020 , 70.103.030, 70.103.040, 70.103.050, 70.103.060,70.103.070 , 70.103.080, 70.103.090. 04-10-037, § 365-230-130, filed 4/29/04, effective 5/30/04.]