The state boating accident report form published by the commission must be completed in writing, signed and dated by the person completing it and must contain the following information about the boating accident:
(1) The registration numbers and names as documented of each vessel involved.
(2) The name and address of each owner of each vessel involved.
(3) The name of the nearest city or town, the county, the state, and the body of water.
(4) The time and date the accident occurred.
(5) The location on the water.
(6) The visibility, weather, and water conditions.
(7) The estimated air and water temperatures.
(8) The name, address, age, or date of birth, telephone number, vessel operating experience, and boating safety training of the operator of the vessel making the report.
(9) The name and address of each operator of each other vessel involved.
(10) The number of persons on board and towed on skis by each vessel.
(11) The name, address, and date of birth of each person who was injured, died, or disappeared.
(12) The cause of each death.
(13) Weather forecasts available to, and weather reports used by, the operator before and during the use of the vessel.
(14) The name and address of each owner of property involved.
(15) The number, availability, and use of personal flotation devices.
(16) The type and amount of each fire extinguisher used.
(17) The nature and extent of each injury.
(18) A description of all property damage and vessel damage with an estimate of the cost of all repairs.
(19) A description of each equipment failure that caused or contributed to the cause of the accident.
(20) A description of the vessel accident.
(21) The type of vessel operation (cruising, drifting, fishing, hunting, skiing, racing, or other) and the type of accident (capsizing, sinking, fire, explosion, or other).
(22) The opinion of the person making the report as to the cause of the accident including whether or not alcohol or drugs, or both, was a cause or contributed to causing the accident.
(23) The make, model, type (open, cabin, house, or other), beam width at widest point, length, depth from transom to keel, horse power, propulsion (outboard, inboard, inboard outdrive, sail, or other), fuel (gas, diesel, or other), construction (wood, steel, aluminum, plastic, fiberglass, or other), and year built (model year) of the vessel of the person making the report.
(24) The name, address, and telephone number of each witness.
(25) The manufacturer's hull identification number, if any, of the vessel of the person making the report.
(26) The name, address, and telephone number of the person submitting the report.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 79A.05 RCW, RCW 79A.05.030, 79A.05.070 and chapter 79A.60 RCW. 08-24-004, § 352-70-050, filed 11/20/08, effective 12/21/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 79A.05.310(4). 01-02-021, § 352-70-050, filed 12/21/00, effective 1/21/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.400. 93-20-018, § 352-70-050, filed 9/24/93, effective 10/24/93; 84-01-060 (Order 73), § 352-70-050, filed 12/19/83.]