When used in this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the meanings designated in this section unless a different meaning is expressly provided or unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Snowmobile" means any self-propelled vehicle capable of traveling over snow or ice, which utilizes as its means of propulsion an endless belt tread, or cleats, or any combination of these or other similar means of contact with the surface upon which it is operated, and which is steered wholly or in part by skis or sled type runners, and which is not otherwise registered as, or subject to the motor vehicle excise tax in the state of Washington.
(2) "Snowmobile use area" means an area described by boundary and acreage in which snowmobile use is authorized.
(3) "Snowmobile trail" means a corridor described by location and length which is designated for snowmobile travel.
(4) "Snowmobile funds" means the funds deposited in the snowmobile account which are administered by the Washington state parks and recreation commission pursuant to this chapter and chapter 46.10
(5) "Commission" means the Washington state parks and recreation commission.
(6) "Director" means the director of the Washington state parks and recreation commission.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.10.210. 83-13-087 (Resolution No. 68), § 352-48-020, filed 6/17/83. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.10.080. 80-12-022 (Order 46), § 352-48-020, filed 8/27/80.]