Words and terms set forth below, when used herein, shall have the following meaning unless otherwise indicated:
(1) Annual/annuitized/annuity option: The manner in which the Mega Millions jackpot prize may be paid in twenty-six annual installments. In order to allow for the efficient purchase of securities, the first installment may be of a different value from the second through the twenty-sixth installment. The second through the twenty-sixth installments shall be of equal value.
(2) Authorized claim center: Any Mega Millions agent or retailer, or party lottery office, in the state where the winning official Mega Millions ticket was purchased.
(3) Cash option: The manner in which the Mega Millions jackpot prize may be paid in a single payment. The cash option amount shall be the proceeds of the sale of investments purchased to fund the particular winner's share of the annuitized jackpot prize. At the director's discretion, an initial payment of a portion of the cash option prize may be paid to the winner at the time the prize is claimed.
(4) Claimant: Any person or entity submitting a claim form within the required time period to collect a prize for an official Mega Millions ticket. A claimant may be the purchaser, the person or entity named on a signed official Mega Millions ticket, the bearer of an unsigned official Mega Millions ticket, or any other person or entity who may seek entitlement to a Mega Millions prize payment in accordance with the Mega Millions rules and party lottery governing laws, policies and rules. No claimant may assert rights different from the rights acquired by the original purchaser at the time of purchase.
(5) Director(s): The chief officers of the party lotteries or any other persons to whom the directors' authority is lawfully delegated.
(6) Multistate agreement: The amended and restated multistate agreement regarding the Mega Millions game, or any subsequent amended agreement, signed by the party lotteries and including the Mega Millions official game rules, finance and operations procedures for Mega Millions, and online drawing procedures for Mega Millions.
(7) Official Mega Millions ticket: A game ticket, produced on official paper stock by a Mega Millions agent or retailer in an authorized manner, bearing player or computer selected numbers, game name, drawing date, amount of wager, and validation data.
(8) Party lottery or lotteries: One or more of the state lotteries established and operated pursuant to the laws of California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, Washington state or any other state lottery authorized to become a member of Mega Millions.
(9) Parimutuel: Total amount of sales allocated to pay prize claimants at the designated prize level, divided among the number of winning official Mega Millions tickets at the designated prize level.
(10) Prize fund: That portion of Mega Millions gross sales in the party lottery states set aside for the payment of prizes. The prize fund for any drawing is expected to be fifty percent of sales, but may be higher or lower based upon the number of winners at each set prize level, as well as the funding required to meet the advertised jackpot.
(11) Purchaser(s): Player(s) of Mega Millions who purchase tickets in accordance with Mega Millions rules and party lottery governing laws, policies, and rules.
(12) Quick-pick, auto-pick or easy pick: A player option in which Mega Millions number selections are determined at random by computer software.
(13) Total prize liability: For any one Mega Millions drawing, total prize liability is calculated as all lower tier prizes won, plus the total sales for that drawing multiplied by 31.8% (allocation to the jackpot prize pool). The California state lottery's sales and prizes are excluded for purposes of this calculation.
(14) Subscription/season ticket: An extended, multidraw purchase option, which may be offered in Washington state at the discretion of the director of the Washington state lottery, wherein the same set(s) of numbers may be played for a specified number of consecutive drawings (for example, 26, 52 or 104), effective on a future date. Subscription/season tickets are distinguished from multidraw tickets which are effective for specified future drawings and are sold at the retailer level.
(15) Mega Millions agent, sales agent or retailer: A location in one of the states which are party lotteries and which is licensed or contracted and equipped by its respective state lottery to sell official Mega Millions tickets.
(16) Mega Millions panel or play area: That area of an official Mega Millions ticket identified by an alpha character and containing one field of five one-digit or two-digit player or computer selected numbers, and a second field of one one-digit or two-digit player or computer selected number.
(17) Mega Millions play/bet slip: A computer-readable form, printed and issued by each party lottery, used in purchasing an official Mega Millions ticket, with each play area consisting of two fields. The first field contains 56 areas/spaces numbered 1 through 56; the second field contains 46 areas/spaces numbered 1 through 46.
(18) Mega Millions winning numbers - Five one-digit or two-digit numbers, from 1 through 56 and one one-digit or two-digit number from 1 through 46, randomly selected at each Mega Millions drawing, which shall be used to determine winning Mega Millions plays contained on official Mega Millions tickets.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 67.70 RCW. 05-11-050, § 315-38-020, filed 5/13/05, effective 6/13/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 67.70.040. 02-15-122, § 315-38-020, filed 7/19/02, effective 8/19/02.]