(1) A cooperative may be formed by qualifying patients and/or designated providers to share responsibility for growing and processing marijuana only for the medical use of the members of the cooperative. A cooperative must meet the following criteria:
(a) All cooperative members must be at least twenty-one years of age. The designated provider of a qualifying patient under twenty-one years of age may be a member of a cooperative on the qualifying patient's behalf;
(b) All cooperative members must hold valid recognition cards as defined by RCW 69.51A.010
(c) No more than four qualifying patients or designated providers may become members of a cooperative;
(d) Qualifying patients or designated providers may only participate in one cooperative;
(e) A cooperative member may only grow plants in the cooperative and may not grow plants elsewhere;
(f) Cooperative members must participate in growing plants. Cooperative members must provide nonmonetary resources and assistance in order to participate. A monetary contribution or donation is not considered assistance;
(g) Cooperative members may grow up to the total amount of plants for which each cooperative member is authorized on his or her recognition card. At the location, the qualifying patients or designated providers may possess the amount of usable marijuana that can be produced with the number of plants permitted, but no more than seventy-two ounces;
(h) Cooperative members may not sell, donate, or otherwise provide marijuana, marijuana concentrates, usable marijuana, or other marijuana-infused products to a person who is not a member of the cooperative;
(i) A cooperative may not be located within a one mile radius of a marijuana retailer;
(j) A cooperative must be located in the domicile of one of the cooperative members. Only one cooperative may be located per property tax parcel; and
(k) To obscure public view of the premises, outdoor marijuana production must be enclosed by a sight obscure wall or fence at least eight feet high.
(2) People who wish to form a cooperative must register the location with the WSLCB. The location registered is the only location where cooperative members may grow or process marijuana. The following is required to register a cooperative:
(a) Submit a completed Marijuana Cooperative Registration Form;
(b) Submit copies of each person's recognition card who is seeking to be part of the registered cooperative;
(c) Submit a deed, lease, rental agreement, or other document establishing ownership or control to the property where the cooperative is to be located. If the property is leased or rented, a sworn statement from the property owner granting permission to engage in a cooperative must also be submitted that includes a telephone number and address where the owner can be contacted for verification;
(d) Submit a sketch outlining the location where the marijuana is planned to be grown.
(3) WSLCB may inspect a cooperative between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. unless otherwise agreed upon by cooperative members and WSLCB staff.
(4) If a person or persons seeking to register the cooperative fails to meet the requirements of a registered cooperative as provided in this section, the WSLCB will deny the cooperative registration.
(5) If the WSLCB finds a registered cooperative violated the requirements of this section, the WSLCB will revoke the cooperative's registration.
(6) A person may request an administrative hearing to contest a denial of registration or a revocation of a cooperative's registration under subsections (4) and (5) of this section as provided in chapter 34.05
(7) Cooperative members purchasing plants from licensed producers.
(a) Members of a cooperative registered by the WSLCB may purchase marijuana plants to be grown in the cooperative from a licensed marijuana producer.
(b) Members of a cooperative who wish to purchase plants from a licensed producer must:
(i) Provide proof of identification in the form of a state-issued identification card or other valid government-issued identification, a valid recognition card, and a copy of the letter from the WSLCB confirming the person is a member of a registered cooperative;
(ii) Contact a licensed producer they wish to purchase from at least twenty-four hours in advance of arriving at the licensed producer's place of business to ensure the producer has plants available for sale and to allow for the required waiting period under WAC 314-55-083
to pass prior to physically taking possession of marijuana plants; and
(iii) Personally go to the licensed producer to complete the purchase and transfer of any marijuana plants purchased.
(c) The physical transfer of marijuana plants between licensed producers and members of a cooperative must take place on the premises of the licensed producer. Deliveries of marijuana plants by a licensed producer to members of a cooperative are prohibited.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 69.50.342
, 2016 c 170, 2016 c 171, and 2016 c 17. WSR 16-19-102, § 314-55-410, filed 9/21/16, effective 10/22/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 69.50.342
. WSR 16-11-110, § 314-55-410, filed 5/18/16, effective 6/18/16.]