(1) Interns registered prior to January 1, 2004, can maintain registration as an intern and not be subject to the five-year limitation, provided:
• The registered intern passes an examination in funeral service law and public health within three years of the effective date of this rule.
• The intern maintains a current, valid and nonexpired intern registration with the board.
• Registered interns will not be eligible for examination under this section if the intern leaves the funeral service profession and reactivates the internship registration at a later date.
(2) Registered intern examinations shall be held by the director at least once each year for a period of three years from the effective date of this rule. The director will designate the time and place of the examination. An application for examination shall be filed with the director at least fifteen days prior to the examination date. The department will provide each applicant a written notice of the time and place of the next examination. The applicant will be deemed to have passed the examination if the applicant attains a grade of not less than seventy-five percent. Applicants qualified for examination shall:
• Have three opportunities to take and pass the examination;
• Pay a fee, determined by the director, for each examination.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.39.175 and chapter 34.05 RCW. 07-18-030, § 308-48-860, filed 8/28/07, effective 9/28/07.]