Negotiating agreements and closing.
The real estate licensee shall be responsible for negotiating the agreement between seller and purchaser as follows:
(1) The real estate licensee shall furnish or cause to be furnished to each buyer and to each seller in every real estate or business opportunity transaction wherein the licensee provides brokerage services, at the time the transaction is closed, a complete detailed closing statement as it applies to the buyer and a complete detailed closing statement as it applies to the seller. The firm shall retain a copy of all closing statements of the respective buyers and sellers wherein the licensee provides brokerage services for all transactions even though funds are not handled by a licensee and closing is done elsewhere.
(2) The closing statements of all real estate or business opportunity transactions in which a real estate firm participates shall show the date of closing, the total purchase price of the property, an itemization of all adjustments, money, or things of value received or paid showing to whom each item is credited and/or to whom each item is debited. The dates of the adjustments shall be shown, together with the names of the payees, makers and assignees of all notes paid or made or assumed.
(3) The net proceeds of sale on all real estate transactions closed by a real estate licensee are to be paid direct to the seller unless otherwise provided by written agreement.
(4) Where an agreement for the sale of real estate has been negotiated involving the services of more than one licensee, and funds are to be deposited by the purchaser prior to the closing of the transaction, the firm first receiving such funds shall retain custody and be accountable, until such funds are distributed or delivered in accordance with written instructions signed by all parties to the transaction.
(5) All licensees must keep the party to whom they provided brokerage services informed of the earnest money deposit status and must retain and provide copies of receipts to the principals and participating firms.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.85.040
. WSR 10-06-078, § 308-124D-205, filed 3/1/10, effective 7/1/10.]