Branch manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(1) Assuring all real estate brokerage services in which he/she participated are in accordance with chapters 18.85
, 18.86, 18.235
RCW and the rules promulgated thereunder.
(2) Cooperating with the department in an investigation, audit or licensing matter.
(3) Ensuring accessibility of the firm's offices and records to the director's authorized representatives, and ensuring that copies of required records are made available upon demand.
(4) Being knowledgeable of chapters 18.85
, 18.86, and 18.235
RCW and their related rules.
(5) Ensuring all persons employed, contracted or representing the firm at the branch location are appropriately licensed.
(6) Overseeing of the branch licensees, employees and contractors.
(7) Ensuring affiliated licensees are submitting their transaction documents to the designated broker or delegated managing broker within two business days of mutual acceptance.
(8) Hiring, transferring and releasing licensees to and from the branch.
(9) Overseeing all activity within the branch office including supervision of brokers and managing brokers, and heightened supervision of brokers licensed for less than two years.
(10) If delegated - Client/customer funds or property:
(a) Ensuring monthly reconciliation of trust bank accounts are completed, up-to-date and accurate.
(b) Ensuring monthly trial balances are completed, accurate and up-to-date.
(c) Ensuring that the trial balance and the reconciliation show the account(s) are in balance.
(d) Ensuring safe handling of customer/client funds and property.
(e) Ensuring policies or procedures are in place to account for safe handling of customer or client funds or property.
(11) If delegated - Other duties:
(a) Record maintenance.
(b) Proper and legal advertising.
(c) Review of contracts.
(d) Modify or terminate brokerage service contracts on behalf of the firm.
(e) Following and implementing the designated brokers written policy:
(i) On referral of home inspectors.
(ii) Addressing levels of supervision of all brokers and managing brokers.
(iii) That includes a review of all brokerage service contracts involving any broker licensed for less than two years. Review must be completed within five business days of mutual acceptance. Documented proof of review shall be maintained at the firm's record locations.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.85.041
. WSR 14-16-054, § 308-124C-130, filed 7/29/14, effective 8/29/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.85.041
(1), (7), (12)(a), and 18.85.275. WSR 10-20-100, § 308-124C-130, filed 9/30/10, effective 10/31/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.85.040
and 18.85.041. WSR 10-06-078, § 308-124C-130, filed 3/1/10, effective 7/1/10.]