The contractor is responsible for following all confined space requirements in this chapter and in other rules that apply. For a list of other rules that may apply, see the resources section of this chapter. You must:
of the following if you arrange to have another employer (contractor) perform work that involves entry into your permit-required confined space:
Inform the contractor:
▪ That the workplace contains permit-required confined spaces and entry is allowed only if the applicable requirements of this chapter are met.
▪ Of the identified hazards and your experience with each permit-required confined space.
▪ Of any precautions or procedures you require for the protection of employees in or near spaces where the contractor will be working.
Coordinate entry operations with the contractor, when either employees or employers from the different companies will be working in or near permit-required confined spaces.
Discuss entry operations with the contractor when they are complete. Include the following in your discussion:
▪ The program followed during confined space entry; and
▪ Any hazards confronted or created.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, and 49.17.060. 04-03-081, § 296-809-20006, filed 1/20/04, effective 5/1/04.]