• Provide either of these safeguards at the tail end of a slat conveyor if the slats are above the centerline of the chain:
– A guard over the hazardous tail end;
– Warning signs if guards are impractical because of material flowing over the tail sprocket.
• Provide either of these safeguards when there is a gap between the slats wide enough to permit access to cross members below the slats:
– A continuous pan under the slats;
– Keep all cross members a safe distance from the slats.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, and 49.17.060. WSR 04-14-028, § 296-806-42070, filed 6/29/04, effective 1/1/05.]