Keep employee medical records.
• Keep medical records for at least as long as the employee works for you plus thirty years.
• If an employee works for you for less than one year and you provide the records to them when they leave employment, you do not have to keep their medical records.
• You do not need to keep the following records for any specific period:
– Health insurance claims records maintained separately from your medical program and records.
– Records of first-aid treatment, if made on-site by a nonphysician and if kept separately from the employee medical record.
• Keep chest X-ray films in their original state, such as film or electronic image.