(1) Entry into confined spaces must be in accordance with chapter 296-62
WAC, Part M.
(2) All equipment necessary to perform the work, including safety equipment, must be at the confined space and must be inspected or tested to assure that it functions properly.
(3) Protective equipment that will afford proper protection to the employee from any condition which may arise based on the hazard assessment, must be available either at the entrance or within the confined space.
(4) Electrical circuits leading into confined spaces where electrical conductive hazards exist must be protected by a ground fault interrupter or the voltage must not exceed 24 volts.
(5) Battery operated flashlights or lantern must be readily available for use by persons working in areas where escape would be difficult if normal lighting system should fail. Only explosion-proof type lights may be taken into any atmosphere which may contain an explosive concentration.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, [49.17].040 and [49.17].050. WSR 99-16-083, § 296-79-230, filed 8/3/99, effective 11/3/99; Order 74-24, § 296-79-230, filed 5/6/74; Order 70-6, § 296-79-230, filed 7/10/70, effective 8/10/70.]