To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) In order to obtain certification, an asbestos contractor must submit an application to the department. The application shall provide the following information:
(a) A list of asbestos projects conducted by the contractor during the previous twelve months. Such list shall include for each project:
(i) Project name;
(iii) Brief description;
(iv) Identity of any citations or enforcement actions issued for violations of asbestos regulations by any local, state, or federal jurisdiction relative to each individual project; and
(v) Name of the on-site project manager or supervisor.
(b) A list of asbestos supervisors (include certification number) working for the company.
(c) A statement certifying that the contractor has read and understands all applicable Washington state rules and regulations regarding asbestos abatement and will comply with them.
(d) A statement certifying that the applicant contractor's asbestos license or accreditation issued by any other state or jurisdiction has not been revoked, suspended, or denied by that state or jurisdiction.
(2) Upon approval, the department will issue the contractor a certificate. Denial of approval shall be in writing.
(3) Certificates shall be valid for a period of twelve months. Certificates may be extended during department review of a renewal application.
In circumstances where it is necessary to coordinate an expiration date with the date of expiration of a contractor registration issued under chapter 18.27
RCW, certificates may be valid for less than one year. In such circumstances, the certificate fee prescribed in WAC 296-65-025
shall be prorated accordingly for the initial application only.
(4) The application for certificate renewal shall contain the information specified in subsection (1) of this section.
(5) Applications for renewal must be received by the department not less than sixty days before the certificate expires.
(6) The department may suspend or revoke the certificate as provided in WAC 296-65-050
and chapter 296-900
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
. WSR 07-03-163, § 296-65-017, filed 1/24/07, effective 4/1/07. Statutory Authority: Chapter 49.17
RCW. WSR 89-21-018 (Order 89-10), § 296-65-017, filed 10/10/89, effective 11/24/89.]