• Store respirators to protect them from ALL
of the following:
– Deformation of the facepiece or exhalation valve
– Sunlight or extreme temperatures or other conditions
– Contamination such as dust or damaging chemicals
– Excessive moisture.
|Note: ||Use coffee cans, sealable plastic bags, or other suitable means of protection. |
• Follow these additional requirements for emergency respirators:
– Keep respirators accessible to the work area
– Store respirators in compartments or with covers clearly marked as containing emergency respirators
– Follow additional storage instructions from the respirator manufacturer
– Store an adequate number of emergency respirators in each area where they may be needed.
|Note: ||Emergency respirators include mouthpiece respirators and other respirators that are limited to escape-only use by their NIOSH certification. |
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. 05-01-166, § 296-307-61010, filed 12/21/04, effective 4/2/05.]