(1) Must request a license from the department of health or health officer when:
(a) Housing consists of:
(i) Five or more dwelling units; or
(ii) Any combination of dwelling units, or spaces that house ten or more occupants.
(b) Compliance with MSPA requires a license; or
(c) Construction of camp buildings requires a license under chapter 246-359
WAC, Temporary worker housing construction standard.
(2) Must apply for an operating license at least forty-five days prior to either the use of housing or the expiration of an existing operating license by submitting to the department of health or health officer:
(a) A completed application on a form provided by the department of health or health officer;
(b) Proof water system is current with all water tests required by chapters 246-290
(c) A fee as specified in WAC 246-358-990
(3) Will receive an operating license for the maximum number of occupants as determined by WAC 246-358-029
(a) The application requirements from subsection (2) of this section are met;
(b) The housing is in compliance with this part as demonstrated by:
(i) A licensing survey completed by the department of health; or
(ii) A self-survey completed by the operator and approved by the department of health; and
(c) The operator complies with the corrective action plan established by the department.
(4) May allow the use of housing without a renewed license when all of the following conditions exist:
(a) The operator applied for renewal of an operating license in accordance with subsection (2) of this section at least forty-five days before occupancy, as evidenced by the post mark;
(b) The department of health or health officer has not inspected the housing or issued an operating license;
(c) Other local, state, or federal laws, rules, or codes do not prohibit use of the housing; and
(d) The operator provides and maintains housing in compliance with this part.
(5) Must post the operating license in a place readily accessible to occupants of the housing.
(6) Must notify the department of health or health officer of a transfer of ownership.
(7) Must cooperate with the department or health officer during on-site inspections.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, [49.17].040, and[49.17].050 and 1999 c 374. 00-06-081, § 296-307-16105, filed 3/1/00, effective 3/1/00.]