(1) This section shall apply to all personnel and agencies called on to provide services at any fire defined as a "wildland fire."
(2) This section shall not apply to suppression actions taken on fires prior to the fire meeting the definition of a "wildland fire."
(3) Suppression personnel assigned to a wildland fire shall be trained to a NWCG Firefighter level II or a comparable class of training.
(a) "Comparable" training shall be determined by the employer.
(b) Nothing in this section shall preclude the use of local residents, affected parties or contracted firefighting resources to suppress wildland fires if they are under the direct supervision of a qualified fire line officer.
(4) Supervisory personnel shall be trained to a level commensurate to the position and responsibility they are to assume.
(5) All personnel will be trained and capable of demonstrating competency in utilizing the Incident Command System (ICS).
(6) All suppression personnel shall annually review the Standard Operating Safety Procedures. See Appendix D.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, [49.17].050 and[49.17].060 . 96-11-067, § 296-305-07019, filed 5/10/96, effective 1/1/97.]