(1) Advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) may independently perform the functions of an attending provider under the Industrial Insurance Act, with the exception of rating permanent impairment. These functions are referenced in the medical aid rules as those of an attending or treating provider, and include, but are not limited to:
• Completing and signing the report of accident or provider's initial report, where applicable;
• Certifying time-loss compensation;
• Completing and submitting all required or requested reports;
• Referring workers for consultations;
• Performing consultations;
• Facilitating early return to work offered by and performed for the employer(s) of record;
• Doing all that is possible to expedite the vocational process, including making an estimate of the worker's physical or mental capacities that affect the worker's employability.
(2) Psychiatric advanced registered nurse practitioners can provide psychiatric services as defined in WAC 296-21-270
(3) ARNPs can state whether a worker has permanent impairment, such as on the department's activity prescription form (APF). ARNPs cannot rate permanent impairment or perform independent medical examinations (IMEs).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
, 51.04.030. WSR 09-14-104, § 296-23-241, filed 6/30/09, effective 7/31/09. Statutory Authority: 2007 c 275, RCW 51.04.020
and 51.04.030. WSR 08-04-094, § 296-23-241, filed 2/5/08, effective 2/22/08. Statutory Authority: 2004 c 65 and 2004 c 163. WSR 04-22-085, § 296-23-241, filed 11/2/04, effective 12/15/04.]