To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) The department or self-insurer will reimburse travel expense incurred by workers for:
(a) Examinations at department's or self-insurer's request;
(b) Approved vocational retraining or vocational services at department's or self-insurer's request;
(c) Fitting of prosthetic device;
(d) Upon prior authorization for treatment when worker must travel more than fifteen miles one-way from the worker's home to the nearest point of adequate treatment. Travel expense is not payable when adequate treatment is available within fifteen miles of injured worker's home, yet the injured worker prefers to report to an attending provider outside the worker's home area.
(2) Under subsection (1)(c) and (d) of this section, when travel expense is authorized the first fifteen miles one-way are not payable. The first and last fifteen miles are not payable on an authorized round trip.
(3) Travel expenses will be reimbursed at the current department rate.
(4) Receipts are required for all expenses except parking expenses under ten dollars.
(5) Claims for reimbursement of travel expenses must be received by the department or self-insurer within one year after the date expenses are incurred. Refer to WAC 296-20-125
and to department policy for additional rules.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
. WSR 15-14-097, § 296-20-1103, filed 6/30/15, effective 8/1/15; WSR 10-15-105, § 296-20-1103, filed 7/20/10, effective 9/1/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
and 1993 c 159. WSR 93-16-072, § 296-20-1103, filed 8/1/93, effective 9/1/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
. WSR 91-12-010, § 296-20-1103, filed 5/30/91, effective 7/1/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
(4) and 51.04.030
. WSR 83-16-066 (Order 83-23), § 296-20-1103, filed 8/2/83. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
, and 51.16.120
(3). WSR 81-24-041 (Order 81-28), § 296-20-1103, filed 11/30/81, effective 1/1/82; WSR 81-01-100 (Order 80-29), § 296-20-1103, filed 12/23/80, effective 3/1/81.]