The department or self-insurer will reimburse travel expense incurred by workers for the following reasons:
(1) Examinations at department's or self-insurer's request;
(2) Vocational services at department's or self-insurer's request;
(3) Fitting of prosthetic device; and
(4) Upon prior authorization for treatment or vocational retraining when worker must travel more than fifteen miles one-way from the worker's home to the nearest point of adequate treatment or vocational retraining. Travel expense is not payable when adequate treatment is available within fifteen miles of injured worker's home, yet the injured worker prefers to report to an attending provider outside the worker's home area.
Under subsections (3) and (4) of this section, when travel expense is authorized the first fifteen miles one-way are not payable. The first and last fifteen miles are not payable on an authorized round trip.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed at the current department rate.
Receipts are required for all expenses except parking expenses under ten dollars.
Claims for reimbursement of travel expenses must be received by the department or self-insurer within one year after the date expenses are incurred. Refer to WAC 296-20-125
and to department policy for additional rules.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
, 51.04.030. WSR 10-15-105, § 296-20-1103, filed 7/20/10, effective 9/1/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
, 51.04.030 and 1993 c 159. WSR 93-16-072, § 296-20-1103, filed 8/1/93, effective 9/1/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
. WSR 91-12-010, § 296-20-1103, filed 5/30/91, effective 7/1/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
(4) and 51.04.030. WSR 83-16-066 (Order 83-23), § 296-20-1103, filed 8/2/83. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
(4), 51.04.030, and 51.16.120(3). WSR 81-24-041 (Order 81-28), § 296-20-1103, filed 11/30/81, effective 1/1/82; WSR 81-01-100 (Order 80-29), § 296-20-1103, filed 12/23/80, effective 3/1/81.]