What are vocational rehabilitation plan implementation and monitoring services?
Vocational rehabilitation plan implementation and monitoring services are those services a vocational rehabilitation provider provides to assist a worker to successfully complete a vocational rehabilitation plan. These services may include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Contacting the worker and, if necessary, the trainer or appropriate representative of the training program or school, at least every fourteen calendar days to:
(a) Confirm the worker has received all necessary equipment and supplies;
(b) Make sure the worker successfully enters and progresses in the vocational rehabilitation plan;
(c) Identify potential problems;
(d) Monitor the worker's progress; and
(e) Resolve any problems that might arise, or submit documentation regarding why it cannot be resolved;
(2) If the worker's plan was approved on or after July 31, 2015, reminding the worker, within two weeks before the completion of the first academic quarter or three months' training, of the worker's deadline to elect Option 2.
(3) Notifying the department or self-insured employer when the worker completes the plan;
(4) Assisting with job search assistance before the completion of the vocational rehabilitation plan and may include referral to community based organizations offering free resources for job search assistance such as resume writing and job seeking skills;
(5) Documenting the worker's acquisition of skills;
(6) Notifying the department if the plan needs to be terminated; and
(7) Obtaining preferred worker status for worker, if appropriate.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
, and 2015 c 137. WSR 16-03-060, § 296-19A-110, filed 1/19/16, effective 2/19/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
(2007 c 72). WSR 08-06-058, § 296-19A-110, filed 2/29/08, effective 3/31/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
. WSR 03-11-009, § 296-19A-110, filed 5/12/03, effective 2/1/04; WSR 00-18-078, § 296-19A-110, filed 9/1/00, effective 6/1/01.]