Laborers in utilities construction.
For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, the work for laborers includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Pipe layer.
• Shoring, building of manholes and catch basins.
• Sealing, doping and wrapping of the pipe after the joints have been welded and before the pipe is lowered into the trench or ditch.
• Joining ductile iron pipe by using screws, bolts, fittings, caulking or any other method for making joints in the industry, when the pipe will not be under pressure. Lowering the pipe into the trench or ditch.
(2) Topman. Assists the pipe layer from the surface, he does not work in the trench or ditch.
(3) General laborer.
• Performs all other laborers' work which is not done by pipe layers and topmen.
• Responsible for all cleanup required in connection with utilities construction work.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
and 43.22.051. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01340, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]