For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, drywall applicators install plasterboard or other wallboards to ceilings and interior walls of buildings, using hand tools and portable power tools.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
• Installing horizontal and vertical metal studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls.
• Cutting angle iron and channel iron to specified size and suspending angle iron grid and channel iron from ceiling, using wire.
• Cutting wallboard to size.
• Cutting openings for electrical and other outlets.
• Nailing wallboard to wall and ceiling supports.
• Trimming rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints.
• Nailing prefabricated metal pieces around windows and doors and between dissimilar materials to protect drywall edges.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
and 43.22.051. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01317, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]