For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, the work of building service employees includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Janitors. Empty trash and damp wipe containers. Dust chairs, sides of desks, top of filing cabinets, panelled walls, doors, ledges and picture frames within easy reach. Damp wipe desk tops, telephones and desk fixtures. Damp mop floors. Vacuum upholstered furniture and draperies. Wash vinyl furniture with cleaning solution. Wash doors and other surfaces and spot wash painted walls. Clean door glass and inside partition glass. Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
(2) Utility janitors. Performs the following duties in addition to those performed by janitors: Waxing of floors (when not performed by traveling waxers), high wall and ceiling washing requiring the use of a ladder, and minor repairs and maintenance necessary to the operation of the building.
(3) Waxers. Waxing of floors.
(4) Window washers. Washing of all windows, other than inside partition glass and door glass, washing of painted walls, (when not done as a prerequisite to repainting) and wall paper cleaning.
(5) And all the cleanup required in connection with building service employees.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
and 43.22.051. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01308, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]