To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
For the intents and purposes of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, the job description for brick masons is as follows:
• Prepare and lay building materials such as brick, concrete block, cinder block, terra cotta block, marble and granite block, and related materials to construct, repair and waterproof structures, such as walls, partitions, arches, sewers, chimneys or smokestacks, piers, abutments, walks and curbstones.
• Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
• Spread soft layer of mortar that serves as base and binder for brick (or block), using trowel.
• Apply mortar to end of brick and position brick in mortar bed.
• Tap brick with trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joint. Remove excess mortar from face of brick, using trowel.
• Finish mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel.
• Break bricks to fit spaces too small for whole brick, using edge of trowel or brick hammer.
• Determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gaugeline and level. Fasten brick or terra cotta veneer to face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01306, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]