For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, boilermakers assemble, erect, repair and clean boilers, tanks, vats and pressure vessels according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools and portable power tools and equipment.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
• Locating and marking of reference points for columns or plates on foundations, using master straightedge, squares, transit and measuring tape.
• Using rigging or cranes to lift parts to specified positions.
• Aligning structures or plate sections, using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs or turnbuckles.
• Drilling, reaming, chipping, caulking and grinding of structures and sections and bolting or welding them together.
• Setting of drums and headers and installation of tubes.
• And all the cleanup required in connection with boilermakers work.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01305, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]