The WSATC's equal employment opportunity plan is based on the statutory authority granted in chapter 49.04
RCW and according to the provisions of 29 C.F.R. Part 30. The purpose of the equal employment opportunity plan is to promote equality of opportunity in apprenticeship by:
• Prohibiting discrimination in apprenticeship programs based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or as otherwise specified by law;
• Requiring equal employment opportunities in apprenticeship programs; and
• Coordinating the WSATC's equal employment opportunity programs with other affirmative action policies and procedures and equal opportunity programs.
The following sections contain the policies and procedures to promote equality of opportunity and equity of treatment of apprentices in apprenticeship programs approved by the WSATC. These policies and procedures are to be used to:
• Recruit and select apprentices;
• Review and revise apprenticeship programs;
• Process equal employment opportunity complaints;
• Take corrective action when appropriate;
• Deregister noncomplying apprenticeship programs; and
• Continue recognition or withdraw recognition of apprenticeship programs.
An equal employment opportunity program must not be used to discriminate against any qualified applicant or apprentice on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or as otherwise specified by law.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 49.04 RCW and RCW 19.285.040. 11-11-002, § 296-05-400, filed 5/4/11, effective 7/25/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.04.010, 2001 c 204, and chapter 49.04 RCW. 01-22-055, § 296-05-400, filed 10/31/01, effective 1/17/02.]