(1) Special meetings of the WSATC may be called at the request of the chair or by a majority of the WSATC members. To call a special meeting, a written notice of the meeting must be personally delivered or mailed to:
(a) Each member of the WSATC;
(b) All approved program sponsors; and
(c) Each general circulation newspaper, television or radio station which has on file with the WSATC or the supervisor a written request to be notified of special meetings.
In addition, notices of meetings may be sent electronically to all persons, organizations, agencies, and interested parties whose presence is desired.
(2) To be valid, the written notice must list the date, time and location of the meeting and specify the business to be transacted by the WSATC. The WSATC cannot take final action on any matter that is not specified in the written notice. Special meetings must be open to the general public and adhere to the same open meeting requirements that apply to the regular quarterly WSATC meetings.
(3) Notices of special meetings must be delivered personally or by mail at least seven calendar days before the specified time of the meeting.
(4) The exception is when a special meeting is called to consider rule changes according to chapter 34.05
RCW. In this case, the notice of the special meeting must be delivered at least twenty calendar days before the time specified in the notice.
(5) If the notice requirements in this section are not followed, any action taken by the WSATC at the special meeting will be null and void. However, the notice requirements can be waived if each regular WSATC member signs a written waiver of notice, at or prior to the meeting, and files it with the supervisor. With this filing, the notice shall be considered waived by any WSATC member present when the meeting convenes. Rule changes may not be made at special meetings where the notice requirements have been waived unless the requirements of chapter 34.05
RCW have been satisfied.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 49.04 RCW and RCW 19.285.040. 11-11-002, § 296-05-203, filed 5/4/11, effective 7/25/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.04.010, 2001 c 204, and chapter 49.04 RCW. 01-22-055, § 296-05-203, filed 10/31/01, effective 1/17/02.]