Loss ratios other than those indicated in WAC 284-60-050
may be approved with satisfactory actuarial demonstrations. Examples of coverages where the commissioner may grant special considerations are:
(1) Short term nonrenewable policy forms such as airline trip or student accident.
(2) Policy forms exposed to high risk of claim fluctuation because of the low loss frequency, or the catastrophic or experimental nature of the coverage.
(3) Individual guaranteed renewable and noncancellable policy forms, but the loss ratio shall not be less than those set forth in the following table in lieu of those specified in WAC 284-60-050
. In the calculation of loss ratios for such policies the reserves, except those required by RCW 48.12.030
(3)(a), shall be excluded from consideration as benefits incurred.
| ||Guaranteed Renewable || |
|Medical Expense ||55% ||50% |
|Loss of Income and Other ||50% ||45% |
(4) Cases where higher than usual expenses are expected because of peculiar administrative or geographic circumstances.
(5) Freestanding group or blanket contracts for benefits which are normally written in conjunction with other benefits.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060. 83-14-002 (Order R 83-1), § 284-60-090, filed 6/23/83, effective 9/1/83.]