To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Definition of replacement.
"Replacement" means any transaction in which new life insurance or a new annuity is to be purchased, and it is known or should be known to the proposing insurance producer, or to the proposing insurer if there is no insurance producer, that by reason of such transaction, existing life insurance or annuity has been or is to be:
(1) Lapsed, forfeited, surrendered, or otherwise terminated;
(2) Converted to reduced paid-up insurance, continued as extended term insurance, or otherwise reduced in value by the use of nonforfeiture benefits or other policy values;
(3) Amended so as to effect either a reduction in benefits or in the term for which coverage would otherwise remain in force or for which benefits would be paid;
(4) Reissued with any reduction in cash value; or
(5) Pledged as collateral or subjected to borrowing, whether in a single loan or under a schedule of borrowing over a period of time for amounts in the aggregate exceeding twenty-five percent of the loan value set forth in the policy.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
(3)(a) and 48.17.010
(5). WSR 11-01-159 (Matter No. R 2010-09), § 284-23-410, filed 12/22/10, effective 1/22/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 87-14-015 (Order R 87-6), § 284-23-410, filed 6/23/87, effective 9/1/87; WSR 80-05-098 (Order R 80-5), § 284-23-410, filed 5/2/80, effective 10/1/80.]